As of Friday 11 June, the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic has officially opened registration for COVID-19 vaccinations for everyone, including foreigners or people without public insurance. These persons can register as self-payers through the Ministry of Health’s Central Reservation System (also available in English), the cost of one dose should not exceed 810 CZK (1620 CZK for both doses).
International students may be reimbursed by their health insurance, depending on their policy, or by their faculty, however this may not apply to all students. MU full-degree students should know what to expect before registering, please follow all instructions from your faculty.
All self-payers living in Brno can currently register for vaccination appointments at Fakultní nemocnice u sv. Anny (FNUSA) and at Fakultní nemocnice Brno (FN Brno), appointments will begin as of 19 July at FNUSA and as of 1 July at FN Brno. You can check site capacity for self-payers and approximate waiting times here.
International students with European Health Insurance Card (EHIC cards) or international students with private health insurance should follow instructions on the muni.cz/en/coronavirus.
Masaryk University is not a provider of this vaccination process, however, we prepared for you the registration guideline for the COVID-19 vaccination in the Czech Republic:
- Go to registrace.mzcr.cz/samoplatci and switch to English.
- Enter your phone number (non-Czech numbers can now be used) and check the box for your GDPR consent.
- Enter the PIN that comes to your phone on the webpage that pops up (less than 1 minute).
- Fill out the form, including selecting a vacation centre. Brno is in the region 'Jihomoravský'.
- When choosing your vaccination centre keep in mind the availability of Fakultní nemocnice u sv. Anny (60 spots/week starting 19 June) and Fakultní nemocnice Brno (400 spots/week starting 1 July). You can check site capacity and approximate waiiting times here.
- Click 'send request'.
- Wait for your second PIN (this may take up to a week).
- Once you receive your second PIN, log in and select your date and time. Keep in mind that you must come for a second jab exactly 42 days later. You cannot reschedule. Make sure that you show up to receive your second dose at the scheduled time.